Child development associate is a credential in early childhood education. It sets a competency standard, which helps to grow the child professionally. The child development associate knows how to nurture the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social development of children. This program is made to assess the early childhood education program. It sets policies and procedures.
Early childhood education is different than teaching middle-aged children. They set up a guideline for the rules and regulations of a preschool teacher and caregivers. The CDA ensures the safety and security of the children. The educators are taught how to provide safety and security to the children. CDA also focuses on positive social guidance, building good relationships, and emotional development. In the early 1970s, a group of early childhood educators gathered and thought of how to improve the quality of early care and ed. Hence, the concept of CDA was formed. After several years of development finally, the first CDA was awarded in 1975.
1. CDA aims to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for the kids. This builds a feeling of satisfaction in the minds of the parents. As being the parent of infants, their utmost priority is always the safety of their child.
2. CDA focuses on developing the child physically and intellectually. This can be done by involving and engaging themselves in various learning activities.
3. It develops the child socially and emotionally. It encourages the child to interact with his peers and mentor.
4. CDA encourages to build a strong relationship between a child and his family members. This creates positiveness in the mind of the child
5. CDA helps to maintain a commitment of professionalism to the educators. They must act professionally and wisely.
6. CDA encourages the teacher to observe every action of the child very minutely and record it. This will help to understand the developing milestones by the educators.
7. CDA helps the teachers and parents to understand the principles of child development and learning.
To achieve a degree in child development is to prepare an educator to deal with early childhood education. This course basically deals with the physical, emotional, language, and behavioral developments of infants, toddlers preschoolers. It encourages the child to learn in an interesting way. An educator needs to be patient while working in a preschool. As she must understand the fact, that all children are not capable to acquire knowledge at the same pace. Some need more time, while some lesser time than expected.
1. Assistant teacher of a preschool. They indulge themselves in documentary students" performance and progression, preparing lessons and materials.
2. They can work as a headteacher. The teacher prepares the lesson plan as per the age of the kids. They help in organizing activities, developing children.
3. CDA professionals can also work as a caregiver at home. They look after the kids and provide them a safe and healthy environment.
4. professionals can also work as a private tutor. Who teaches the kids at home and develop their skills.
If an educator works with the process of CDA, it will be definitely rewarding. As child development credentials help to earn a nationalized credentials. It helps to evaluate our own work as it compares with national standards and helps an educator to improve her skills. CDA also encourages to receive one to one advice and support from the educators of early childhood program. As they have the knowledge of child development and growth. CDA helps teachers to develop their skills in the education field. So, that they can take good care of the kids and become an efficient teacher.
A CDA certificate helps an individual to build her career in the child care field. It helps the educator to prepare herself for the following courses
After I started learning design with Quillow, I realized that I had Improved to very advanced levels. - Chris Collins
1. Learn Teaching – Here, an educator will learn to present herself to the foundation of early care and education of children from birth to eight years of age.
2. Observing the children – An educator will learn the different forms of assessments and evaluation to observe the children.
3. Team Teaching - This shows the importance of teamwork and team teaching. This will enhance teamwork and build a good relationship with colleagues.
The child development associates work to nurture the children. They mainly focus to develop the children emotionally, intellectually, and socially. CDA certification helps to develop the career of an educator and it enhances their confidence. To become a CDA,
1. An educator must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. She must hold the knowledge of the child’s development in cognitive, social, psychological.
3. She must have the ability to understand the supervision of the child. So that she can read the mind of the child.
4. An educator must lead, instruct, and interact with kids of various ages.
5. She must be caring, loving, and affectionate. She must provide a homely and healthy environment for the children in school.
6. An educator of a pre-school must have the ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
7. An instructor must provide healthy nutrition and hygienic requirements for the infants.
8. They must have knowledge of child development theory and practice.
9. An educator of a preschool must know how to use the cleaning equipment and supplies safely.
10. An instructor must have the quality to convince and influence others.
1. It is the responsibility of the CDA to prepare and execute learning and develop plans and curriculum related to the age of the children on a weekly or monthly basis.
2. It is the duty of the child development associate to design and implement learning programs for the kids individually. The kids should be taught on one to one basis. As all the children do not possess the same pace of acquiring capacity.
3. They help to improve the skills of children and their performance by developing activities.
4. It is the sole responsibility of the child development associate to prepare instructions and materials required for recreation. They make rules, regulations, policies, and guides the children on how to use equipment safely.
5. The CDA monitors the performance of the children and observe them very minutely. They take care of the health and hygiene of the child
6. It is the responsibility of the CDA`S to interact and communicate with the parents of the children on a weekly basis. So that they can discuss the development that took place in a child. They need to be cooperative with their parents. Similarly, parents are also expected to be cooperative and polite with the teachers. The parents are encouraged to involve themselves in the program, as this will help to build a strong relationship between the child and the family in the near future
7. The CDAs must prepare a routine, schedule of cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining the school. Since basic health and hygiene play an important role in a preschool. Before the arrival of the students in school, this basic cleanliness should be done.
8. It is the duty of the educators to prepare a proper diet chart for infants. As no infants must be encouraged to bring junk food to schools. Strict discipline should be adhered to in following the food habits of children.
9. The CDAs must teach the basic manners and discipline, they should follow. For example, once they reach school, they must greet everyone with a good morning. If they need to go to the washroom, they must say “May I go to the toilet “
10. The CDA should look after all the job-related duties assigned to her. It solely depends on the child development associate, how well she can carry a pre-school with a good reputation. She can create goodwill and provide satisfaction to the parents.
Holding the certification of child development associate can access a variety of career paths. The professionals are very flexible and effective communicators. The CDA certification adds value and integrity to the early childhood profession. High-quality training shows professional development that prepares students for the successful completion of the program.
An associate degree in child development helps educators to examine the physical, emotional, language, and behavioral development of a child. It becomes easier for them to understand the child and his pace of development. They learn how to deal with infants and toddlers.
This must be noted that training pursued at conferences or from individual consultants is not accepted by the council. A candidate must acquire the 12 o clock hours of training from a single training program. Mostly CDA receives their training through credit courses. Hence, proper valid certification is provided by the council itself.
Best Online Teacher Training Courses
Discover what employers are looking for in 2023 and how to level up with our skills.
PG Diploma in Montessori Teacher Training (MTT)
June 12, 2021
Educational administrators work in schools, but not as teachers. They are responsible for overseeing the administrative duties at schools.
June 12, 2021
At the end of the nineteenth century, it was claimed that children under the age of six were ineligible,
June 12, 2021
The three characteristics of the Montessori Method are the specially built setting, the specially prepared equipment and the specially
Atheneum Global Teacher Training College is a highly-acclaimed course provider for aspirants and working professionals with a variety of world-class teacher training courses at the push of a mouse.
© Copyright 2021 by Atheneum Global